Thursday, October 18, 2007

My first published article...


The Heights

The time between the end of this meet and the deadline was like two hours, throw in the drive home and I was in a rush. I scraped this thing out from my notes/recorded interview with the coach in about 45 minutes. Not my best work, but I'm glad to see it still made it to print. I was told once I'd put in some time on this stuff I'd be able to move onto more relevant/entertaining sports, I personally hope this comes about sooner rather than later. I came at this assignment with a positive attitude, but have you ever been to a swim meet as a spectator? It's like a louder version of watching paint dry. I respect that fact that the sport relies heavily on perfecting technique, but to a casual observer in the stands it just looks like swimming back and forth alot.

No comments: